VISITOR SURVEY ASSISTANT
Rouge Park Office, 50 Bloomington Rd. West, Aurora
Field work will take place in Scarborough and Markham.
Contract Position - 10 weeks
DIVISION: Restoration Services
SALARY RANGE: $16.31 to $18.38 per hour
SUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
There will be two teams of two energetic people conducting a visitor survey with the public this fall at Rouge Park, in the Greater Toronto Area. You will intercept visitors at various points in the park, discuss the survey with them, and encourage their participation, all the while adhering to research protocols to ensure the study's success. The positions will be based on average 40 hours of work each week, which will involve some day, evening and weekend shifts as determined. You will interact with other TRCA staff, as well as the public and provide excellent customer and client service.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and diplomacy with internal/external clients;
- Comfortable approaching people;
- Comfortable being outdoors;
- Willing to follow directions;
- Good with paying attention to details;
- Willing to wear a uniform (and/or park identifiers);
- Flexible with schedules;
- Ability to work independently;
- Computer literacy in database and/or spreadsheet applications an asset.
EXAMPLES OF TASKS:
Perform the following tasks under general supervision.
FORWARD COVER LETTER AND RESUME TO:
- Approach park visitors and request/encourage participation in a user survey.
- Follow and adhere to research protocols.
- Keep all completed surveys organized.
- Ensure all completed surveys are properly documented.
- Answer inquiries and facilitate messaging to other Park staff as required.
- Travel to required survey locations within the Park.
- Other duties as assigned.
5 Shoreham Drive, Downsview, Ontario
Fax: (416) 661-6898
by: August 15, 2013
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rouge Park is an equal opportunity employer. We value the expertise and diversity of our people.